Skip over navigation
Outline of Main Services
- Providing regular project management updates to the Organising Committee on all areas of activity falling under the PCO remit.
- Preparation of all conference material. This would include not only printed material, but also electronic newsletters, production of PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Identifying other related conferences at which the conference could be promoted either by bag inserts, a presence at a ‘future meetings’ table, or negotiating a slot in the programme at which your conference could be given a platform.
- Managing the on-line delegate registration system and all delegate correspondence.
- Managing the on-line abstract submission and review system.
- Designing the sponsorship/exhibition prospectus and disseminating this to the industry and to new targets.
- Designing the exhibition floor plan and layout of the poster boards ensuring that there are sufficient catering points and circulation space for delegates to network.
- Handling all negotiations with the supporting companies and assisting them with hotel bookings, hiring of exhibition booths/furniture or booking small meeting rooms within the venue.
- Ensuring all exhibition/sponsorship money is received.
- Handling all negotiations with the conference venue and ensuring that all elements of the contract have been met.
- Providing all on-site Registration Staff, ensuring that everything runs smoothly and any problems are dealt with swiftly and professionally.
- Negotiating with the venue on the provision of all audio visual and technical support and ensuring that there is sufficient signage to allow delegates to find their way easily around the venue.
- Ensuring that all conference catering is to the standard agreed and that all special dietary requirements are accommodated.
- Negotiating discounted rates at nearby hotels and putting in place an on-line booking system with a link from the main registration site.
- Organising the conference social programme including a Welcome Reception, Conference Dinner, refreshments during poster viewing sessions etc.
- Organising shuttle transportation to/from the airport on the main arrival and departure dates and ensuring that transport is organised for any parts of the evening social programme if required.
- Planning pre/post conference tours to encourage delegates and their guests to get the most out of their visit to the conference.